Monday, November 8, 2021

Liam: Remembering One Year Ago {Part 2}

 

...I guess I left out one detail...that we had scheduled our annual family pictures for this day! When we got this news, I re-arranged to have them for early morning. 😊I promise, my family LOVES getting pictures taken, and I knew having the photographer show up unannounced and 5 hours earlier than scheduled, it would be justttt fine. 😉

Have I mentioned how thankful I am to have a dear friend who also happens to be a talented photographer?! I literally texted her at 2am to reschedule our session - keeping the reason a surprise - and she shows up, anxious to learn what's happening herself!! What a gift these photos are to us!! Thank you, Roots2Nest Photographs!

So, my parents and photographer arrive! I think these pictures speak for themselves, so here we are telling the family our news!! 

"We got a phone call last night around midnight...ok, let me start over. We got an email around 9pm...."


"Birthmom chose us!! We have a baby waiting on us...it's a boy, in Arizona!!"











My favorite reaction was Ava's...these pictures are literally within seconds of each other. 






Calling Tim's parents and my grandparents via Facetime! 




Surprise, Grandma & Grandpa!!! "Yes, I'm serious!!! It's a boy, I'm getting a brother!"


Shortly after telling the family all the details, Ava speaks up and asks, "Mom, can we please name him Liam?? I love that name! Please!!" I told her we consider it. This name wasn't on our list, not because we didn't love it because we know a lot of Liam's 😀Throughout our adoption journey, she had countless name suggestions, some cute and some totally off the wall ideas (lol) - so it wasn't unusual for her to have input but this was the first time she had this suggestion! Stay tuned for the rest of the story on his name. 😌


We did sneak in a couple family pictures, joking that these would be obsolete soon and we would have to re-do them! 😆

We hurried to get the van, loaded up, and hit the road a couple hours later! Arizona, here we come!!!

To be continued...

Huge thanks to my family for filling the gaps of closing up our home, taking care of the dogs, and helping us get on the road as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment