Friday, April 10, 2015

Remembering One Year Ago {Part 1}

*To respect Ava's privacy and the privacy of her sweet birthmother, specific details of her 'story' will be limited* 

   It was on this day, one year ago, that we first learned of Ava's birthmother. There is not a day since that I haven't thought about and prayed for her. I hope I never forget all the details to Ava's 'story'. I plan to share a few as we remember these "April Days". :)

Learning about Ava's Birthmother

   Since our home study had completed in February, we had presented to a couple birthmothers and had several situations presented to us, but hadn't felt a "match" with them. One year ago today, much like today, we were both at work; I was busy preparing tax extensions before the 4/15 deadline and Tim's calendar was full of meetings. It was around lunchtime that Thursday I received a voicemail from one of our case workers and then a few moments later, an email from our other case worker, asking me to call her.  I felt an urgency in their messages, so I remember contacting Tim quick to see if we could meet for lunch to discuss this prospective birthmother, although, I had very few details at this point.

   Thankfully, Tim was able to meet me for lunch. On the way, I called our case worker to get as much information as she had available. I remember the conversation pretty vividly. After explaining the details she had (gender of baby, location, etc), she paused and said, "There's one kicker..." My heart sank, but I replied "What is that??"... "Well, she's due SOON. Like real soon." I laughed, and said "How soon??" She said "3 weeks. Is that too soon?" Of course not!! Although we had only been 'home study ready' for less than 2 months, our desire to be parents was much longer than that. The sooner the better, as far as we were concerned!! :)

   Tim and I talked over lunch and decided we would agree to meet the birthmother. Since she was due so soon, she was anxious to meet us. So, we arranged for that Sunday afternoon.

  To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Jaime... goosebumps all over my arms!!! Please don't take long to post Part 2!!! I love these stories where you know that God's hand is in it all the way. Can't wait for the next part. Hugs to you and that darling, darling baby girl that couldn't be more perfect in any way. - Dori -

    ReplyDelete